Saturday 5 November 2011

People Fascinate Me

I created this blog because I thought it would be a nice way to share my passion for food, travelling and the moment we are going through in our lives.

I love cooking, it is my way to express my creativity and my love to other people, it is also the way I calm down, relax from a stressful day or take my mind away from the present and focus on the task.

Through my job there is a lot of travelling in England, and during our holidays we often travel to Brasil (written with s, I am Brazilian) and Italy......

When travelling, we tend to look for new foods, this is part of the joy of our trips. We also love to talk to people. And it is amazing how many interesting people I have met in this way. They fascinate me.

Recently we have been facing difficult times with the business my husband owns. It was in a difficult moment like this that I met a lady in a cake shop. We started to chat and she told me about how she has owned almost 20 businesses in her life, from farm and interior design to cheese and leather shops! How amazing is that? She started with the farm in partnership with friends, learned the lesson and went solo ever since. It was her daughter's cake shop now. The shop is amazing, it brought me inside through the wonderful smell of cheese scones it left in the streets of this little village. However, once inside, the freshly baked chocolate cake left me speechless. I had to buy of course!

Meeting this successful lady left me inspired. Suddenly I could see so many possibilities for his future business.

In a train I met an ex-priest... and learnt from someone who has been in charity trips in poor countries, helping in civil wars, but has also lived in peaceful small villages in the middle of England.

So.... I thought writing a blog would be an opportunity to share some of this with other people.

Hopefully you will enjoy it too....

No comments:

Post a Comment